Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images not appearing for anonymous users

Jason Skeffington May 14, 2012

I have permitted anonymous users to access Confluense in the global permissions, and I have permitted anonymous users to view a particular site. Images for these sites do not appear for the anonymous users. They only show broken images. This occurs in the dashboard (in the global space list and on the global logo) as well as the permitted site. The Demonstration Space image was appearing. I experimented by replacing it with another image, and now it does not appear. It also does not appear even when I switch back to use the default image.

Thank-you for your insight.

UPDATE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH-MY-GOODNESS. I just discovered something, and need to apologize (a little) and refine my question. The issue only occurs with IE. Specifically in my case. IE 8. All Mozzilla browsers that I have now tried work smashingly. This leads me to think there's javascript involved with the retrieveal and display of the image. Still odd that it works for authenticated users and not anonymous users. Certainly not a show-stopper for me. Maybe this is just a good one for IE compatibilty if anyone wants to even bother dealing with it.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Skeffington October 9, 2012

IE update seems to have resolved the issue. As stated in the update, mozilla based browsers were fine.

0 votes
Jason Skeffington October 9, 2012

IE update seems to have resolved the issue. As stated in the update, mozilla based browsers were fine.

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

Hi, that sounds like a bug. Raise an issue in Jira to notify atlassian about that. (Check your Wiki-Footer for a link to raise issues)

0 votes
Jason Skeffington May 15, 2012

OH-MY-GOODNESS. I just discovered something, and need to apologize (a little) and refine my question. The issue only occurs with IE. Specifically in my case. IE 8. All Mozzilla browsers that I have now tried work smashingly. This leads me to think there's javascript involved with the retrieveal and display of the image. Still odd that it works for authenticated users and not anonymous users. Certainly not a show-stopper for me. Maybe this is just a good one for IE compatibilty if anyone wants to even bother dealing with it.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

Could it be that you are attaching images to a page that is not viewable by anonymous users? If the page is not accessible, then neither is its attachments.

matt

Jason Skeffington May 15, 2012

thanks! nope, checked that one 5x. referring to my added comment above. This is actually isolated to anonymous users while using IE, but not Mozzilla. :-S

0 votes
Jason Skeffington May 14, 2012

All images - namely the logos. This includes both the global logo and the site logo. What's odd is the original Demo site logos would appear, but any 'uploaded' logo images do not appear. They appear fine for authenticated users. It's almost as if the uploaded logos are put into a part of the repository that is protected by authentication; however, the view prividege for anonymous users is not allowing them to appear.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2012

When you say images, do you mean the user avatar/profile images? Or all images?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events