Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images broken on upload of a new version

Mike Lewis February 5, 2021

I attach PNG images in my documents for diagrams, I quite often need to update these diagrams to reflect design changes.

In earlier versions of Confluence Cloud (prior to the new editor release, I think) I could click on the image, and then choose to upload a new version, and the new version would be shown on the page.

The option to access the upload version by clicking on the image no longer exists, instead you have to go in via the page attachments entry in the menu at the top of the page, and then choose "Edit" for the image, at which point the previous option to upload images can be reached.

However, this seems to consistently break the image in the document, and the new version is not visible if I try to remove and re-insert the broken image from the existing attachments.

Anybody else seen this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2021

Hi Mike, 

When you go to attachments and click edit I believe then you'd be opening the old Media viewer. This old Media viewer has the upload button you are looking for. I'm not sure why the old Media viewer would be causing images to break through. The new Media viewer does not have the 'replace' functionality as yet. We have some workarounds below though which you could try;

If you upload a file with the same name (either by dragging and dropping the file in edit mode, copying and pasting or using file upload) then it should replace the file and still keep the versioning history.

Let me know how you get on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events