ImageMap Plugin compatibility with Confluence 5.4.4

Iakov Dlikman April 28, 2014

Hi all,

The compatibility manager in our Confluence 4.2.7 instance shows the ImageMap as incompatible with Confluence 5.4.4. Is there any solution for this or can you recommend another plugin?

Kind Regards

Iakov

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Giess May 14, 2014

The ImageMap Plugin still works with Confluence 5.4 and 5.5.
After looking at the code (it is available https://bitbucket.org/tkrug0210/imgmp) I am quite confident that the plugin will work without change in upcoming Confluence versions too.

The warning shown by the plugin manager is solely based on the compatibility information at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.dl.confluence.plugin.imagemap.ImageMapPlugin.

I assume that these warnings were introduced to scare Confluence admins and to force them to buy the newest versions of all plugins ...

0 votes
Iakov Dlikman May 21, 2014

Hi all,

thanks a lot for your answers. Confluence 5.3.4 has the option to request an update for Imagemap macro through the UPM and that is what I did.

In addition the user of our Confluence instance who used Imagemap macro proposed to swith to Gliffy Plugin.

Best Regards

Iakov

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2014

Hello Iakov, you maybe you can employ the Lozenge macro(a component of the Content Formatting bundle) which does deliver a similar functionality, making links appealing through graphic content.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2014

Hi Iakov,

It seems the plugin is not compatible indeed as we can see in market place page here.

The latest compatible version is 4.3.7 and it seems to have stalled there. I suggest to contact the developer for more information if they intend to continue with the plugin development.

I have searched over marketplace but didn't find a similar functionality with another plugin. I think the best is to reach the devs for the plugin though.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events