If you were going to post a position for JIRA project admin, what would you call it?

Dina Barnese June 11, 2013

We are looking at bringing on a part-time person to adminster our projects within JIRA and Confluence. I am the PM and would work with this person to configure projects to meet the needs of various projects and teams.

I am not sure what to call the job title - Business analyst? Process analyst?

If you do this half-time or more, what is your job title?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

I often see similar positions posted in this LinkedIn group which may give you some idea of what others post as - http://www.linkedin.com/groups/JIRA-ADMINS-4038966?goback=%2Egmp_4038966

Dina Barnese June 11, 2013

I should have mentioned that we are somewhat limited in the job titles we can use at the university. The titles have to fall within those that are already approved for use. I can put specific duties related to JIRA administrator in the job description, but the title has to be more generic. This position will be less server admin (we have a top-level JIRA administrator who manages the server, plugins, upgrades, etc); rather this person will be responsible for building projects, workflows, schemas, etc.

I'll check out the LinkedIn group, thanks!

1 vote
Venu Madhav August 17, 2014

Hi Dina,

I have good experience to JIRA and confluence tools.

I am intrested to this position, let me if this position is still available.

Cheers

Venu Madhav

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Pretty boring but I often see it as 'JIRA Project Administrator' or 'JIRA Administrator'

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

Awesome answer! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events