Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the company transition from JIRA Software to JIRA Core, can we keep our instance of Confluence

Maureen.Hainsworth December 8, 2017

My department is considering downgrading our licenses from JIRA Software to JIRA Core.  This may seem like a very basic question but I am looking for confirmation that Confluence is an eligible add-in to JIRA Core.  I can see lots of evidence that Confluence is recommended for JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk on the Atlassian site, but no luck finding reference to JIRA Core.

I am also wondering whether I can keep the instance of Confluence and all its current spaces and pages, or will we have to set up a brand new instance of Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Jira Core still has integrations with Confluence, and they're pretty much the same as the one you get with Software.  Service Desk is the unusual one, that's where Confluence additionally provides a knowledge base directly into JSD (as well as doing everything Core and Software do)

If you move from Software to just Core, there's no need to change your existing Confluence.  It's a separate system to Jira.

Maureen.Hainsworth December 11, 2017

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events