If a user creates a comment on a page in the Confluence KB, is the author notified in any way?

If a user creates a comment on a page in the Confluence KB, is the author notified in any way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

As long as he watches the page! Author normally is an automatic watcher but he might have stopped watching as well.

Thanks Jobin,

Can't I (the admin) make it to be automatic without other users table to control it, always, not only to what they watch ?

OK.

I know there is a way to send email notifications upon different triggers to the page author (when having the workflow active).

Is there a trigger such as " OnCommentCreation " the same as exist the "PageCreated" or "NewsCreated" triggers ? or perhaps it is a part of "Pageupdated" ?

Thanks again.

Nir.

Nope. Watching spaces and pages one creates is automatic but stop watching it is completely upto the user. Admin can also manage watchers but can't stop users from doing their own watches.

Not sure what you mean by workflow active. Guessing that is a plugin? There is a CommentEvent and so it is possible for a listener to capture that!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

984 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you