If I configure LDAP for conflunce, how do current user logins convert?

David Fisher June 16, 2015

If I configure LDAP for conflunce, how do current user logins convert?

2 answers

0 votes
David Fisher June 17, 2015

I have current users on the internal directory. I want to use LDAP authentication on these same users. They do have the same user name. So, if someone wants a one time login, they will have to create a new account on Confluence and their content will have to be "moved" to them? Thanks for the fast response.

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Hi David, 

What do you mean about "convert user logins"? Basically, you need to have the users created on LDAP to login.

Confluence will only try to authenticate the user against the next directory of the list in case this user does not exist on the current directory. For example:

Directory List:

DirectoryA

DirectoryB

DirectoryC

Let's say you've got a user called "UserC" from DirectoryC. If this user exists on DirectoryA, Confluence will not try to authenticate this user against other directories other than the DirectoryA; however, if the user exists only on DirectoryC, Confluence will not find the user on DirectoryA neither on DirectoryB and then will find the user on DirectoryC and authenticate it.

We don't recommend you to have the same username on Internal User directory and on LDAP. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

David Fisher June 16, 2015

I have current users on the internal directory. I want to use LDAP authentication on these same users. They do have the same user name. So, if someone wants a one time login, they will have to create a new account on Confluence and their content will have to be "moved" to them? Thanks for the fast response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events