IFTTT to Add Page Watchers triggered by resource assignments

Dailin Garcia Young December 12, 2019

I have created a project intake form using confiforms. I am trying to set up IFTTT to add page watchers when a project entry has been submitted and they have been assigned as the resources 

I know that i can add specific names under the Page Watcher(s) to add section but that is not specific to whom would get assigned to that particular project. 

If someone knows the answer and can also provide visuals, I would really appreciate that :) 

~Dailin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

In the ifttt macro you can use [entry.fieldname] in the "Page watchers to add" field to reference the user field in your form that has the people you selected as resources.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

To compliment Davin's answer and make it more connected to your form - the "fieldname" from [entry.fieldname] shall be the name of the field you have in your form holding the "resources"

Like # people like this
Dailin Garcia Young December 13, 2019

Thank you both so much. I was able to get it to work and add the page watchers.

The only issue that i am now encountering is that for the ones that the field type = multi-select doesn't seem to add the users from that list to watch the page but the dropdown field types works. 

Is this in fact the case or am i doing something wrong?

~Dailin

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

If your multi-select field is a "user multi-select" then it should work without any issues, but if is a generic multi-select field then you need to transform it's values to be suitable for the IFTTT parameter (it accepts the values in a CSV format)

Something like

[entry.yourresourcesfield.transform(id).asList]

Using transform and asList functions as in docs, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

Like Davin Studer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events