Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Dear Team,

I have following 2 forms defined

1. APIForm - to store certificate details with dates and remarks fields. I have defined “OnModified” IFTTT rule to compute validity days and update in “Validity” field. 

2. Refresh - one date field and has “OnCreated” IFTTT rule to update “Remarks” column in APIForm so that it triggers the IFTTT rule in APIForm to update the validity.

The rule works fine, but it terminates in-between with error IFTTT limit exceeded, max is 200. I have total 300+ records and it will grow. 

Any idea how to solve this issue please? Anyway, I can increase the IFTTT limit to higher number?

Many Thanks,

Ravi.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi

Most probably your IFTTT that is set to run onModified event triggers ANOTHER onModified event and so on and so on

Which basically leads into an infinite logical loop

Set your IFTTT that runs onModified to have a condition and also set it up so that it does not trigger a corresponding event (parameter on the IFTTT macro)

Alex

Thanks Alex. I have only one IFTTT defined with “onModified” in “APIForm”. One key point I missed to indicate is, I have enabled “All IFTTT rules should be used” checkbox in IFTTT rule in “Refresh” form. This is enforce the validity day is computed for every row. This is where I am getting this error. Without enabling this checkbox, I see single vale is updated in all rows.

Ravi. 

Hi

Do you understand that having an IFTTT that updates your form's data will trigger an "onModified" event?

And if your IFTTT does not have a properly defined condition when it should run and the "All IFTTT rules should be used" parameter is enabled it will run into an infinite loop

Alex

Thanks again Alex. I have managed to resolve the issue by conditional based execution. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events