Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE 10 causes the search results and notifications box to be displayed in a different location on the page

Christopher Meemken July 9, 2013

I'm in the process of testing our new baseline of Windows 7 and IE 10 and found it causes the search results and notifications popup to be displayed in a differnt location on the right side of the browser window. I've tried both native rendering and compatibility mode with no luck. We are not currently in a position to upgrade to 5.x at this point in time.

Is there any workaround?

Regards,

Chris Meemken

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Hi Christopher,

Internet Explorer 10.0 is not fully supported browser when using Confluence .. Especailly when using "Compatibily View" option. If you want to avoid UI issue with Confluence the best way is to switch to different browser (Firefox, Chrome).

More information about supported platforms you can find in below documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Supported+Platforms

I hope that will help,

Best Regards,

Mirek

Christopher Meemken July 9, 2013

Hi Mirek,

Thanks for the reply. I did read the supported versions for 4.3, that's why I was hoping for another possible workaround. Our enterprise business standard is IE for the desktop so unfortunately we cannot use another by policy. We will upgrade to Confluence 5.x sometime later this year which has the support for IE 10.

Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events