I would like to setup a confluence read only group for users that have Jira access.

Michela Baca September 15, 2017

Is it possible to setup a group in JIRA that has access to Confluence as Read-only?

I have two sets of user population the JIRA users and a smaller subset that are also Confluence users (those that consume a license).  

I know I can set up JIRA to be the identity manager for confluence.  But not sure how to go about this, if possible.

Thank you for your help.

Michela

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Hi Michela,

I understand you would like a group of your Jira users to view Confluence content as read only, and not take up Confluence licenses.

There are a couple of approaches you can take. If you have Jira Service Desk, your portal customers can be granted read-only access to linked knowledge base spaces as described in Serving customers with a knowledge base.

If you don't have Jira Service Desk, you could open up the Confluence instance to anonymous access. The instructions are on this page: Setting Up Public Access 

This article has some good details on how the licensing works: Confluence: Read-only access and licensing

We have this suggestion ticket open that may interest you: Allow unlicensed, authenticated users to have anonymous read only access If you vote or comment on it, you will be added to notifications.

Finally, I was not sure if you were asking how to connect Confluence to Jira for user management; in case you would like to, here is the article: Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management. You may leave your Confluence internal users in place and add the Jira users, please see: Managing Multiple Directories.

Thanks,
Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events