I would like to be able to watch page and sub-pages, not all pages in a space. Is this possible?

Steves UXD April 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Watch Pages, Spaces and Blogs

I would like to be able to watch page and sub-pages, not all pages in a space. Is this possible?

To clarify, I want to watch a page and child-pages, preferably in one click/option, and if child pages are added they would be included in the watch as well.

3 answers

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

This free plugin wasn't mentioned:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.edrup.confluence.plugins.tree-view/server/overview

It allows you to watch a page tree, and child pages added are included in the watch as well.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

Free and supported is good. Plus it's open source. Nice find @Stephen Deutsch !

John Gooch January 24, 2018

Can you install it if you are only a confluence user and not an admin?

Junio Fernandes August 16, 2019

I liked this option although not free anymore. But it's not so expensive. Tks!

Junio Fernandes August 16, 2019

Can you install it if you are only a confluence user and not an admin?

@John Gooch I'm afraid not.

As Atlassian did not give us a property solution, this might be accepted as the best solution available, unless you have ScriptRunner installed.

Simon R. March 3, 2020

You mentioned ScriptRunner plugin.

We use this plugin, does it provide a solution for this issue?

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

Hi Steve,

As noted in this earlier question/answer, this feature is available in at least one plugin but to my knowledge it is not a function currently available in Confluence.

Is there a way to watch a page and all child pages?

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

Hi Steves,

Yes, click Watch and then Watch Page.

Regards,

Kay

Steves UXD April 11, 2016
Hi Kay,
Please let me clarify, I want to watch a page and child-pages, preferably in one click/option, and if child pages are added they would be included in the watch as well.

Thank you,
Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events