I work in Confluence Cloud this last version update has a ton of bugs

tammy.barber August 9, 2019

So far I've encountered issues with the table macro, there is no way to set the column width it just expands till it encounters something that stops it. Sections have become useless the user used to be able to move them up and down, you had the section which spanned the width of the space. Now you're stuck with wherever it lands and no full expand. There is something very strange going wrong with images. The drag and drop which used to work, now intermediately the image will appear and disappear. Please roll this release back. It's causing way too many frustrations and no gains. The panel macro which so many instructors were directing users to work with is now gone. 

So my question is when do we revert back to previous code? What was suppose to be the wins in this release?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello Tammy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's great to have you.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much difficulty with Confluence Cloud lately. It isn't possible to roll-back the update, but I'd love to find out more about the issues you're running into.

Tables

For the issue with your tables, I'm testing it on my own instance but I am able to change the column width by dragging my cursor on the vertical lines of the table.

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 15.13.48.png

If this isn't the table you are referring to, can you please help to provide a screenshot of the issue? We can use that information to determine which part of Confluence has the bug.

Sections

For your issues with sections, I believe you might be referring to the Layout feature. You can choose a layout with 1, 2, or 3 columns. You can also choose if the columns are the same size, or if you want one column to be bigger than the other columns.

Unfortunately, at this time, it's not possible to resize the columns individually, but there is a feature request for that below.

For your other request, there's another request to be able to move the sections on the page:

You can vote on both of those features to help get some more traction on them and to be added automatically to the list of watchers.

Panel Macro

For information on the panel macro, please see the following note on our Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap

The info, warning, tip, note, and panel macros have been combined into a single macro called Panel. Add a panel to your page, then use the contextual menu to choose between colors/icons.

Images

Lastly, I have tested dragging and dropping images to my Confluence Cloud instance, but I am not able to replicate the issue. I also checked with the rest of the Cloud support team, and there are not currently any known issues about that. My recommendation would be to first check that your internal network doesn't have any blocks against the Cloud Confluence IP ranges and domains, which would prevent certain features from functioning.

If you continue to have issues adding an image to your page, please raise a support ticket with the Cloud Support Team and we will be able to have a look at your instance.

Reaching out for more help!

If you want to be kept up-to-date on the information in Cloud releases, follow our Atlassian Cloud release notes blog. For specific information on what was included in our latest release, please see the Atlassian Cloud changes Aug 5 to Aug 12, 2019.

You can also join in on our public discussion with a Product Manager for Confluence Cloud at Try out the new editing experience. If you need, please feel free to schedule 30 minutes to speak with him, one-on-one.

Best regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events