I want to use a word template for context help in an application.

matthew dunley April 16, 2018

I have a word template, with images in the header and footer, and the page is two columns per page.  The content I am loading to the template, is multiple pages.  I would like the template to present the same way in context help as it does in Word.  

My question is: how will it present on-screen to the user in the application?

Can I load the template into Confluence, and add the content, or is it better to load the content with the template from Word?

1 answer

1 vote
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

hi @matthew dunley,

to the best of my knowledge it is not possible to import a word file to create a confluence template. 

you should have to follow general template creation steps.

Also as i know, it is not possible to define header and footer for a template. headers and footers can be define to the entire space which i think not behave as your expectation. 

also if you wish to have collection of pages to appear when creating the template I guess this is not possible either. you have to create the template to appear in a one long confluence page. (anyway i think you should look Write a simple Confluence Space blueprint article)

Reference:

hope this helps :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events