cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I want to search for Words which are written down in a line from a big table and just have the option to jump to that specific line, is that possible?

I want to search for Words which are written down in a line from a big table and just have the option to jump to that specific line, is that possible?

Dennis Nowak May 13, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2015

Hi Dennis,

We use the on-prem version of Confluence at our location but I would think this would work the same as for the cloud version. Since the table exists on a web page, the Ctrl-F function key works in most browsers as an in-page search tool.  We place a little comment on the top, "To search this table, click Ctrl-F on your keyboard and enter your search term(s)' and our users have been quite happy with that.

In one example, a four or five hundred row Excel spreadsheet used to display information was converted to a table in Confluence, and we utilized the above approach. They were quite happy with that as a solution. Does that work?

Cheers,

Tom

Dennis Nowak May 14, 2015

Hi Tom, Big thx for the Answer, I had the same Idea yesterday as Solution for this Problem. But it is not really the best way to do this I think. I Want to use the Table for my Book Keeping Department to find specific business transactions in one Column and see on which account they have to book this on the other. I wished they have the oppurtunity to decide in what Column they want to search (Accountname, Business transaction etc.) because often there are similar Words used so they have to press the return Button over and over again. It seems more professional to me if there would be a way to filter the searchresults. But when there is no way to do this, I will do it just the way you told me. Greets from Germany, Dennis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events