Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to restrict a users admin rights to one page in confluence. Is that possible?

Nisha Gupta June 20, 2021

I have added a user as an admin, to add/ edit pages, but I want to restrict their admin rights to just one page. I want to do this without changing restrictions to all the other pages. There are 100's of pages and it wont be possible to individually edit restrictions to each page. 

Is this possible and is there a quick way to do it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2021

Hi @Nisha Gupta 

No, it isn’t possible. A space administrator as the name implies, can administer the whole space and all pages in it.

From your description, you want to allow a user add/edit only a specific page for this, I don’t see why you need the user to be an administrator since any normal user can add or edit a page unless you have specific constraints already in place which your clarification will help with here(for example page restrictions).

Clarify how you are granting permissions by default, if page permissions are present or not.

If they are not, you may need to edit all pages as a heads up but all this still depends on your space permissions and page restrictions settings which we’ll need to know to assist further.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events