Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to merge the cell in the table

Sozhavendhan M December 2, 2013

Dear Friends,

I need something like a table mentioned below.

The first row Cells (1,2)(1,3)(1,4) are merged and inner borders are made transparent.

Kindly guide me if its possible are if we need any plugins to achieve this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXXX

x

XXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX

x

XXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX

x

XXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX

. . . . . . . . . . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Soz

8 answers

0 votes
Scott Walters February 21, 2019

It took me roughly 20 minutes of researching to find out that you need to hold shift, then hold down right mouse button, and then drag mouse over cells to highlight them.  While holding down shift then you can navigate to the merge cells button to merge.

Why go against the the traditional learned way of performing that task by holding shift, and clicking each cell or clicking the end of the range/area that are trying to merge?

Scott Walters February 21, 2019

Looking at you Atlassian.

Like Felicia Skinner likes this
changwenx June 1, 2020

I can't find where is the table edit tool bar from edit window. see below:

Image1.jpg

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

OK, well, good luck. Are you going to post another question about the upgrade process? :)

0 votes

We have to upgrade. Since we dont have 100% understanding of the upgrade process we have postpone the activity.

Regards,

Soz

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

Yes, so I see. Not being an expert on wiki markup, I don't know what more to suggest. Is it possible to upgrade to Confluence V4 or later?

0 votes

When I remove the Pipes the cells dont merge rather the cells disappear

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2013

Ah, yes, that's a problem. I was refering to 4.3, download. But you do have wiki markup.

What happens if you remove the pipes that make up the cells?

0 votes

Hi,

Thank you for your comments n suggestion.

Kindly find the edit screen below. I am using a older version of Confluence. Could tell me which wiki should I use.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2013

Sozhavendhan,

If you are in edit mode and you've got the table toolbar open, the 6th button from the right allows you to do this.

Try selecting the cells you want to merge and then click on that button. When you select the cells, you will see that several cells get selected that you don't want to merge. Ignore that and click the merge button anyway.

You should see that only the cells you want to merge are actually merged.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events