Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to have a recommendation pages when someone updated/created pages related to 'my keyword'?

Ezra Andhika May 8, 2014

Yea, I have a task from my company to create a function whereby we will have a bunch of pages recommended by Confluence when we save any keyowrd or label or words.

So, basically if I want to know more about "Miley Cyrus", then everytime anyone posted a pages related to Miley Cyrus will trigger function in Confluence to give me notification/updates that there is new page related to my keyword.

Hope anyone can give me suggestion regarding this.

2 answers

1 vote
Ezra Andhika May 8, 2014

Yes exactly! it's not only for label but any words including title and content should be searched and compared to this "keyword".

any idea how to do this?

discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

That depends on the execution: do the matching pages have the keyword as a label or is it just the body aswell?

Ezra Andhika May 11, 2014

As for now, we don't use label. So we think the keyword is either the title or the body. Any idea?

discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

The problem with this is that you're basically searching for words that both pages have in common - which will give you very bad results.

Ezra Andhika May 11, 2014

But basically, what we want actually similar like macro called "Search Results" on Confluence.

But we have built in notification/trigger when there is a new pages/data related to "Search terms" posted, then it will notify watchers or follower of this feature.

0 votes
discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

So there is the related labels macro, which finds pages with identical labels, but i get a feeling that you're after something that basically searches for everything in the body and matches labels of other pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events