I want to create a test Confluence Environment

Kathy Plamann June 19, 2015

Hi

Has anyone ever created a test Confluence Environment using a sql database copied from production-Then install the application and have it point at this copied database? 

Thanks

Kathy

4 answers

2 votes
chucktalk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2015

Hi Kathy,

I would suggest that you read both Restoring a Test Instance From Production and Migrating Confluence Between Servers for a thorough and detailed explanation of the process to do this. This is a well documented and often used procedure for doing exactly what you wish to do. I do hope that is helpful for you.

Sincerely,

Chuck 

2 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

Hi Kathy,

Yes, it is possible! You can create a snapshot of your production instance in a different server.

Please refer to this guide for all instructions on creating a test environment.

Let us know should you have any questions. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

1 vote
Chris Gillatt October 16, 2016

How does this affect the licence?  Can you have more than one machine on one licence for this purpose?  

0 votes
Gerri Urban June 19, 2015

The short answer is yes. What I ended up doing is duplicating the VM that my confluence is running on and using that. But you can do a full new install, then just shut it down, go into the  SQL database and import the production DB in. I do that on my test system now to refresh the data on it so it's more current. Or if I have to restore a page from a previous backup. You will also need to copy the confluence data directory to the new server so the DB and the attachments/files are all in sync

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events