I want to copy a confluence page while copying all of the embedded JIRA tickets, is it possible?

Kyle Sheehan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2023

I am wanting to scale production and track it using confluence pages as the source of information and JIRA as the source of task tracking.

In confluence, I can copy pages and all of its subpages while creating a title for that group (in this example, `test 1`). Inside of these confluence pages and subpages I have JIRA epics and child issues embedded [summary image]. This is good.

In JIRA I can clone an epic and its subtasks using JIRA deep clone. The problem is that I have to go in to each subtask, grab the hyperlink, and copy that into each individual instance of embedded JIRA link in the newly cloned confluence page [i.e. changing each link in the summary image below].

At scale, I want to be able to CLONE confluece pages and the embedded JIRA tickets at the same time. Creating a new set of tasks and child tasks that are tied in to the newly copied confluence page.

Is there a way to do this without having to:

• copy confluence pages
  • deep clone JIRA tasks & subtasks
  • re-assign each confluence embedded link to newly cloned JIRA page.

But instead:

• While copying confluence pages
    • Embedded JIRA tickets get cloned
    • those clones replace the embedded links in copied confluence page

1.png

2.PNG

3.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2023

@Kyle Sheehan Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is not any to do that through the delivered application.  There might be an app that I am not aware of that would be able to do that but I am thinking that there is not one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events