I want the Confluence desktop UI on tablets but the mobile UI on phones

Is this possible without recompiling com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.mobile.MobileUtils ?

I'm looking at this code in particular:

private static final Pattern MOBILE_USER_AGENT_REGEX = Pattern.compile("(iPhone;|iPad;|iPhone Simulator;|iPod;|Linux; U; Android)");
  private static final Pattern ANDROID_CHROME = Pattern.compile("Chrome/[.\\d]* Mobile");
  private static final Pattern OLD_ANDROID = Pattern.compile("Linux; U; Android (?:[23]\\.\\d|4\\.0\\.[12])");

public static boolean isSupportedUserAgent(HttpServletRequest request)
  {
    String userAgent = request.getHeader("user-agent");

return (StringUtils.isNotBlank(userAgent)) && (!OLD_ANDROID.matcher(userAgent).find()) && ((MOBILE_USER_AGENT_REGEX.matcher(userAgent).find()) || (ANDROID_CHROME.matcher(userAgent).find()));
  }

1 answer

This is exactly what we'd like to do as well.

We had display problems when viewing our site on a mobile device, for example unable to show images and some macros would not display the content, but found by *disabling* the Confluence Mobile plugin, it now displays perfectly on IOS devices, but is now squished in the top-left corner on Android devices.

If you found any solution or workarounds, please can you share?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,117 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you