• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I used Cyberduck to upload to Atlassian Cloud WebDAV, but how/where/when do I get feedback that the Confluence space has been successfully imported?

I used Cyberduck to upload to Atlassian Cloud WebDAV, but how/where/when do I get feedback that the Confluence space has been successfully imported?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Upload data via WebDAV

Ask your question here...

2 answers

Hi Ian!

Unless I'm mistaken, once you upload the Space via WebDAV, you still need to kick off the import in Confluence itself.  Check Step 3 in this document.

Good luck!

Thanks Cody. I think I'm missing something-- I uploaded the ZIP and uncompressed to the dump_files folder, but when I go to Import Options in Confluence Admin, no WebDAV files appear.

I remember this happened once before, but I can't remember what I'm missing

Hmm.  Are you uploading them to just the root WebDAV directory?  Are you sure the Space archives are complete?

Also, if the archives are less than 100MB, you may want to try uploading them directly from your browser.  May make things easier.  

Moved it to the root directory, and when I try and import I get an error:

The zip file did not contain an entry 'exportDescriptor.properties'.

but when I look through an uncompressed directory I see the exportDescriptor.properties file ;(

Oy, so apparently I have a backup, not an export. I'l read up on what to do and (hopefully not!) write again

No problem!  This is how we learn.  smile

Good luck!  If that all works out, I'd appreciate if you'd mark this as answered.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,104 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you