I see that the Copy Space plugin is no longer available from Confluence 5.9. What's my alternatives when using C 5.9 ?

sturlah April 27, 2016

We have a given space-structure (a template space with many given pages) for system documentation. When creating a new sysdoc-space we just copy the template space with the Copy Space plugin. 

How can i solve this in a similar way with Confluence 5.9?

Also, this way of working is recommendede by Atlassian in articles. Are there plans for further support of this?

2 answers

0 votes
DorianN April 28, 2016

Also have a look at the Space Tree Creator. It creates a space for you and does a 1:1 copy. Also you can use placeholders and assign values to them when you do your copy.

I don't know exactly how your system documentation looks like but we have to create new spaces for our new projects. So we have prepared a project template with placeholders and when we create a new project we just have to fill in our values (project name, contacts, etc.). This way we don't have to go through each page and do the changes we want multiple times.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

Have a look at the Copy Page Tree plugin.

I have a set of pages as the initial set for any new Space we create - using this plugin makes creation of the new Space and initial page structure super-simple - a couple of minutes work smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events