I restored my confluence test instance with production data and now all images are missing?

Ankita Sinha April 29, 2019

I restored my confluence test instance with production data and now all images are missing.  I checked the attachment storage. It was Filesystem:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\attachments in test system. Went to test syetm and found that it is 0 kb. So I manually copied the data from the same place in prod and placed it onto test and restarted the test system. Still did not help

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2019

Hello Ankita,

Thank you for reaching out! Happy to help you with your issue. I just have a few questions for you.

1. Please let me know what your Confluence server version is. When migrating, did you do an upgrade or was it across the same version?
  2. Please let us know the exact steps you took to perform the migration. Did you create an XML backup and include attachments there? Did you attempt to migrate the database and then copy the home directory over?

You'll want to have a look below for our official recommendation on how to migrate Confluence. If this is not the method you use, I would recommend trying it again using a clean Confluence installation.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events