Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I restored a deleted page, but cannot see it either in trash or in wiki space now.

crissly james January 13, 2016

After restoring a page, I moved it to a different parent page. Now, I am unable to find that page either in Trash or under the original parent or the parent page I moved it to. Any idea what could have happened?

4 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hi Crissly,

When you restore a page from the Trash, it ends up at the root level of the page hierarchy:

- Deleted Page 1
- Deleted Page 2
- Home
     -Page 1
     -Page 2
etc.

Any pages that are on the same level of the hierarchy as the home page are not visible; they have to be children of the home page in order to be visible.

In order to see the pages that are on the root level of the directory, you need to browse Pages in the tree view.

Go to the space where you restored the page and Go to Space Tools -> Reorder Pages (or Browse, Pages, Tree View when using the Documentation Theme) and you should hopefully be able to find it.  To be able to see it again, just move it somewhere underneath the homepage (you can just drag and drop).

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Reindex is not in the space admin, it is in the Confluence admin menu, i.e. Gear Icon -> General Configuration -> Content Indexing (under Administration)

0 votes
crissly james January 13, 2016

Thanks for the prompt answer. Yes, I searched for the page in confluence, but could not find it. Can you please let me know how to re-index? I tried to look for options as Space Admin, but could not find it.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

Did you search for the page in confluence. will it display any results ? Else perform re-indexing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events