I need to move hundreds of pages from version 5.5.4 to version 3.5.3, how do I re-enable wiki markup in 5.5.4 to make this easier??

Bryson March 9, 2015

I have been tasked with moving hundreds of pages (many of which contain images and attachments) to our in-house maintained version of Confluence.  If I could get wikimarkup back working on version 5.4.5, that would really help the transition.

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

That's tricky. You could use the xml rpc API to extract the XHTML data from 5x and the reformat it to the old wiki markup and then use an old API to import it. But if it's only a few hundred pages it's going to be quicker to cut and paste. Honest. 

0 votes
Bryson March 9, 2015

I don't have any say over what we do with the local version (and I believe they've held off upgrading because of the missing markup editor functionality), so that, unfortunately, won't solve my particular problem.

Thanks for the quick response, though!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Ah, that's bad. You can still request a backup and then upgrade it locally or in test environment ;) I know, I know - not what you want to hear!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

It's not an upgrade, it's a downgrade! XML and HTML exports of a space might be worth a try, but I don't know if a 5.4 export is anywhere near somethign version 3 can read.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

Nick is right. It won't work. We explicitly block downgrades like this because you can't test imports from future releases against old releases at the time you make the old release.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

It is not possible to have wiki markup in 5.4.5. have you considered space imports?

If you want to do individual page imports, upgrade the local Confluence and copy paste the pages. You can also use the new source editor if you want to manipulate the xhtml source.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events