I need to either combine two tables into one OR have row-by-row permissioning based on department code in a column.

Raymond Wu May 5, 2015

Newbee question - we use Confluence to display department glossaries and I need to either:

1) merge the (currently two) department's glossary (similar layout) into one OR

2) have row-by-row permissioning based on a new column with department code and appropriate access/security groups after manually merging them?

I even ried doing it in Excel first and rendering it using office macro but of course lose the ability to use anchors.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

2 answers

2 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

Hi Raymond,

The Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros work great if your properties consist of just one row.

If you need to pull multiple tables with multiple rows (both manually created or generated with the help of the macros outputting tables), you can use the combination of the Table Excerpt Include and Table Transformer macros. Table Excerpt Include provides an ability to pull any tables from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels and more. Table Transformer merges all the tables in one.

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Can you leverage the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros? This is a great way to control access since you can pull from page trees (with edit/view restrictions) or from different spaces although (with their independent permission schemes.)

I do not use tables if I can use page properties. I'd rather deal with pages than deal with sections of a table.

If this doesn't work, could show us an example of what the structure looks like? I can't visualize it off of your description. 

Raymond Wu May 6, 2015

Hmm - thought I responded but I guess not - the requirements was changed right after posting my question and the want is for a table with row level security tied into a new column containing the group name/entry owner..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events