I need to either combine two tables into one OR have row-by-row permissioning based on department code in a column.

Newbee question - we use Confluence to display department glossaries and I need to either:

1) merge the (currently two) department's glossary (similar layout) into one OR

2) have row-by-row permissioning based on a new column with department code and appropriate access/security groups after manually merging them?

I even ried doing it in Excel first and rendering it using office macro but of course lose the ability to use anchors.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion May 05, 2015

Can you leverage the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros? This is a great way to control access since you can pull from page trees (with edit/view restrictions) or from different spaces although (with their independent permission schemes.)

I do not use tables if I can use page properties. I'd rather deal with pages than deal with sections of a table.

If this doesn't work, could show us an example of what the structure looks like? I can't visualize it off of your description. 

Hmm - thought I responded but I guess not - the requirements was changed right after posting my question and the want is for a table with row level security tied into a new column containing the group name/entry owner..

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

599 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you