I need to disable keyboard shortcuts. How? I'll take any kind of unofficial hack.

Travis Wellman June 9, 2017

I am a Firefox user, and part of my efficiency is I use the feature to search when I start typing. This conflicts with confluence mapping key presses to actions. I really hate this "feature". I need to be able to just start typing, like I do on every other web page in the world, and search for the text, not start editing the page or anything else.

Is there an official way to disable these shortcuts globally, or do I need to use a browser plugin, or other hack? Any suggestions will be wonderful. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
mateusz_mis August 14, 2019

I would like to use any WYSWIG editor but can't because jira catch my keydown and does't allow typing some characters

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

Here are the instructions to disable keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts. Please be aware of this limitation:

Allow for disabling editor keyboard shortcuts

It sounds like your issue is not in the editor, but searching before editing, so disabling the shortcuts should help.

Ann, the "enable general shortcuts" checkbox is unchecked.

Still, when I press C, it starts a new draft page. How do I disable this?

Like Sarah Nascimben likes this
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

I tested and it was the same for me. I opened a suggestion ticket:

As a user I would like to disable keyboard shortcuts that launch the editor

It would be great if you could explain your use case in a comment and vote on the request.

Like Sarah Nascimben likes this

I commented and voted. Thanks Ann.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events