It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I need to disable keyboard shortcuts. How? I'll take any kind of unofficial hack.

I am a Firefox user, and part of my efficiency is I use the feature to search when I start typing. This conflicts with confluence mapping key presses to actions. I really hate this "feature". I need to be able to just start typing, like I do on every other web page in the world, and search for the text, not start editing the page or anything else.

Is there an official way to disable these shortcuts globally, or do I need to use a browser plugin, or other hack? Any suggestions will be wonderful. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2017

Here are the instructions to disable keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts. Please be aware of this limitation:

Allow for disabling editor keyboard shortcuts

It sounds like your issue is not in the editor, but searching before editing, so disabling the shortcuts should help.

Ann, the "enable general shortcuts" checkbox is unchecked.

Still, when I press C, it starts a new draft page. How do I disable this?

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2017

I tested and it was the same for me. I opened a suggestion ticket:

As a user I would like to disable keyboard shortcuts that launch the editor

It would be great if you could explain your use case in a comment and vote on the request.

I commented and voted. Thanks Ann.

I would like to use any WYSWIG editor but can't because jira catch my keydown and does't allow typing some characters

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you