I need to copy a Space

Jack Wilson August 4, 2017

Using Confluence v6.0.5, I am tying to find out is there is a way to copy a space. Much the space I want to copy fits another prodict.

I have looked around your community board as well as seaching articles using Google. While there are aticles, they are outdated. So my quesiton is with the release that I have, or one slightly later, is there a way in the current releases to copy or clone a space?

If not I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Jack Wilson
Northwest Software

3 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2017

Do you have Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud? If you have Confluence Server you could consider using the copy space add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.copyspace/server/overview

The source code is avaliable here: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/confluence-copy-space-plugin . I know it says Confluence v5 but I just keep updating it for personal use.

0 votes
Stephan Sutter August 5, 2017

Hi Jack,

As Nic wrote, there is no out of the box solution. You could use the Space Tree Creator Add-on to create your spaces based on a template. The user can fill out a form and the space is created accordingly.

Check out the Live Examples (no registration required)

Kind regards,
Stephan

EPS Software Engineering AG

0 votes
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2017

Hi Jack,

Out of the box this is not possible in Confluence, but the Add-On Space Admin for Confluence should help you, to handle this issue. 

In addition, it provides more functions, like permission management, as well as search & replace. 
If you have any questions regarding to this, please feel free to contact me directly via email to: n.werle(at)decadis.de

Best regards

Nic
DECADIS AG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events