cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I'm using a simple page template. I want to import a word doc and have the created pages (split by heading) all use my template. Possible?

I'm using a simple page template. I want to import a word doc and have the created pages (split by heading) all use my template. Possible?

Phil Schwab May 8, 2015

My template contains no form macros.  Just a simple header and footer style template.  I want to import a word doc with a large list of nested headings (30 pages worth).  The word doc would have no other content (i.e, just headings, sub headings, etc. and related heading styles). I want the Confluence pages, child pages, etc. that get created to all use the simple template.

Does a source doc other than word, such as excel, make the task characteristics any different?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy J.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2015

Hi Phil,

I want to share the findings from our support case in case anyone else is looking into a similar question. I did some more testing on this inquiry and it looks like importing using a pre-determined space template is not possible natively at the moment. The import will create a page with the content that is in the word document and not put it into a default/existing space template.

You may be able to get a similar functionality by adding content between the headings of the word document getting imported, so that the import includes this data as well as part of the page.

Andy Jean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events