• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I'm using a simple page template. I want to import a word doc and have the created pages (split by heading) all use my template. Possible?

I'm using a simple page template. I want to import a word doc and have the created pages (split by heading) all use my template. Possible?

My template contains no form macros.  Just a simple header and footer style template.  I want to import a word doc with a large list of nested headings (30 pages worth).  The word doc would have no other content (i.e, just headings, sub headings, etc. and related heading styles). I want the Confluence pages, child pages, etc. that get created to all use the simple template.

Does a source doc other than word, such as excel, make the task characteristics any different?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Andy Jean Atlassian Team May 18, 2015

Hi Phil,

I want to share the findings from our support case in case anyone else is looking into a similar question. I did some more testing on this inquiry and it looks like importing using a pre-determined space template is not possible natively at the moment. The import will create a page with the content that is in the word document and not put it into a default/existing space template.

You may be able to get a similar functionality by adding content between the headings of the word document getting imported, so that the import includes this data as well as part of the page.

Andy Jean

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

509 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you