I'm new to JIRA. Never used it. How do you insert an open issues macro in a Page? Edited

I have been trying to read this help but I'm not getthing the Screenshot: Example of JIRA issues macro on a Confluence page found on this site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/jira-issues-macro-724765217.html

The steps I have taken is so is: Insert More Content button (+) > JIRA Issue/Filter > Select Macro.  Please advise. 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Create a filter for open issues in Jira and follow the steps in confluence page to add the issue filter macro

confluence page.jpg

then select the filter created in Jira and hit enter.

cc2.jpg

Thanks,

Ash

0 votes
Accepted answer

Capture.PNGCan those steps be done in this sample page that I created it? If so, how? Is it the same steps? 

Yes,

Click on edit as shown.

cc3.jpg

If this answers your question, please check this is as appoved.

Thanks,

Ash.

When I do the steps by clicking the "Edit"- I do not see a saved filter "Open Issues" 

Jiju,

You can do it on any page possibly, you can even type {jira and enter, the same window pops up providing you the search box as mentioned by Ashish, you can enter the filter in this and pull whichever issues you would like to from JIRA.

Make sure you have a saved filter in JIRA that you can use it on confluence.

You can access any macro around confluence by using this shortcut {macroname 

Hope this helps.

So, in this Space, I was invited into - but I do not see a saved filter in JIRA that I can use it on confluence

In that case, you can directly enter the filter in the search box.Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 3.10.20 PM.png

What does this do? I'm sorry here that I'm asking all these questions and hand to be held. 

When you are saying "status" - what status are your referring? Where is that pulling from? Status header based on the filter? 

Ok. I realized where that is coming from. 

Another question: I searched for a filter, I found a filter however, it is shared, if I am going to start my page with open issues that I need to create new, why am I prevented from doing so?

In confluence whoever creates a space is going to be the admin for that space, so they need to give you the permission from the "space tools" on their space to you to be able to edit or create a page.

Space tools -> Permissions ( it can be found bottom left corner on a space homepage). You can't see this settings button only space owner can see it.

Sachin  - one more thing - if the admin gives permision, are you saying then that I can only create a filter as Ashish mentioned here: Create a filter for open issues in Jira and follow the steps in confluence page to add the issue filter macro then select the filter created in Jira and hit enter.

Please advise!

Jiju,

Yes, there is no specific permission which would let you use the filter for open issues, but you need the permission to edit the page and you need permission for that project in JIRA so that you can use the filter and pull the issues from JIRA.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,527 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you