Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to JIRA. Never used it. How do you insert an open issues macro in a Page?

Jiju Mathew July 13, 2017

I have been trying to read this help but I'm not getthing the Screenshot: Example of JIRA issues macro on a Confluence page found on this site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/jira-issues-macro-724765217.html

The steps I have taken is so is: Insert More Content button (+) > JIRA Issue/Filter > Select Macro.  Please advise. 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Capture.PNGCan those steps be done in this sample page that I created it? If so, how? Is it the same steps? 

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Yes,

Click on edit as shown.

cc3.jpg

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

If this answers your question, please check this is as appoved.

Thanks,

Ash.

When I do the steps by clicking the "Edit"- I do not see a saved filter "Open Issues" 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

Create a filter for open issues in Jira and follow the steps in confluence page to add the issue filter macro

confluence page.jpg

then select the filter created in Jira and hit enter.

cc2.jpg

Thanks,

Ash

0 votes
Sachin Reddy July 13, 2017

Jiju,

You can do it on any page possibly, you can even type {jira and enter, the same window pops up providing you the search box as mentioned by Ashish, you can enter the filter in this and pull whichever issues you would like to from JIRA.

Make sure you have a saved filter in JIRA that you can use it on confluence.

You can access any macro around confluence by using this shortcut {macroname 

Hope this helps.

So, in this Space, I was invited into - but I do not see a saved filter in JIRA that I can use it on confluence

In that case, you can directly enter the filter in the search box.Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 3.10.20 PM.png

What does this do? I'm sorry here that I'm asking all these questions and hand to be held. 

When you are saying "status" - what status are your referring? Where is that pulling from? Status header based on the filter? 

Ok. I realized where that is coming from. 

Another question: I searched for a filter, I found a filter however, it is shared, if I am going to start my page with open issues that I need to create new, why am I prevented from doing so?

In confluence whoever creates a space is going to be the admin for that space, so they need to give you the permission from the "space tools" on their space to you to be able to edit or create a page.

Space tools -> Permissions ( it can be found bottom left corner on a space homepage). You can't see this settings button only space owner can see it.

Sachin  - one more thing - if the admin gives permision, are you saying then that I can only create a filter as Ashish mentioned here: Create a filter for open issues in Jira and follow the steps in confluence page to add the issue filter macro then select the filter created in Jira and hit enter.

Please advise!

Sachin Reddy July 14, 2017

Jiju,

Yes, there is no specific permission which would let you use the filter for open issues, but you need the permission to edit the page and you need permission for that project in JIRA so that you can use the filter and pull the issues from JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events