I installed Crowd, now I do not have longer permissions in Confluence, what to do?

Deleted user January 9, 2015

I installed Crowd and synced it with Confluence. I do not changed anything in the default Confluence groups nor the Crowd groups.

I guess my user in Confluence is now in the crowd-administrator group which do not have any permissions in Confluence (because I did not have the chance to give permissions).

What to do now? I cannot log into Confluence!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2015

Howdy Lars!

You should be able to assign groups in Crowd, have you tried creating a confluence-users and confluence-administrators group and adding yourself to them in Crowd. This should sync to Confluence, however if it doesn't you can create an internal directory admin account through the database (use a username that doesn't exist in crowd) and use this to make the necessary changes.

If you are going to create a new user through the DB I recommend following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights and making a backup of the DB before making any changes.

Cheers,
Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events