I have the permission to edit pages but don't see the edit button

Maike Krefting November 30, 2022

I've been given the permission to edit pages in confluence two days ago now. But still the edit button doesn't appear. I tried logging out and in, using different devices, starting again the computer - still  no edit button. 

What else can I do?

2 answers

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Maike Krefting 

Welcome to the community.

Is Confluence server or cloud? Is it a page specific or global issue?  Do you really have edit permission in page restrictions pop-up? If possible, please share a screenshot.

0 votes

Dear @Tansu Akdeniz Sorry, I don't know if Server or Cloud. I'm quite new to Confluence. But as you (hopefully) can see on the screenshot: 

image.png

I got the permission to edit the page (maike.krefting@wdr.de, 'kann bearbeiten' means 'can edit'), but I still haven't got the edit button (in German it would the 'Bearbeiten' button).

As I only have the permission for this 'Bereich' (the word for a couple of pages that belong together in one project), so I don't know if it's global or specific. But it's same on all pages of that 'Bereich' (area). 

Thanks for helping! 

@Tansu Akdeniz - one more information I just got: It's a confluence system running on an own server (ARD, Germany), not in the cloud. 

And another info: The problem is solved. My colleague had forgotten to put my name in the backlog - and there is no reminder to do that when you spread permissions. Could be a good thing to fix in the system. 

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hallo Maike,

es ist ein häufiges Missverständnis, dass Berechtigungen auf Seitenebene vergeben werden können. Berechtigungen werden vielmehr ausschließlich auf Ebene des Bereichs vergeben (das wurde bei Dir jetzt offenbar nachgezogen und Du hast es "Backlog" genannt) und können dann auf Seitenebene nur noch eingeschränkt werden; deshalb heißt das Pop-Up-Fenster auch "Beschränkungen" (nicht: "Berechtigungen").

Und ja, es ist möglich, Seiten auf Nutzer zu beschränken, die über entsprechende Rechte auf Bereichsebene nicht verfügen - sogar, wenn sie den Bereich nicht mal sehen können. Das ist offensichtlich so gewollt und wird daher so bleiben.

VG

Nicolai

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events