I have some questions about this app, its not clear from the description

Craig Duffy May 17, 2022

Hi, some questions about this app:

1. It looks like its a "legacy editor only". Is that in reference to the old-school editor that is no longer used in Confluence, and has been replaced by the new editor a couple years ago?
  2. the reviews seem to say that a lot of people have installed this, but they cant figure out how it works. What's up with that? Considering it is free and the most downloaded of all the sharepoint apps, maybe those issues are not that common?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Craig Duffy 

For number 1. are you referring to confluence itself or a third party app? If a third party please share the app

However the legacy editor is sometimes on certain pages if they are old and need to be upgraded

2. It sounds like a third party app but I don't see a link to the app in reference as mentioned above. Depending though on your companies security stances, Free Apps are hard to recommend. Free apps aren't always updated when security vulnerabilities are found and most companies don't have SLAs for their free apps.

Best,
Clark

Craig Duffy May 17, 2022

Hi, I thought it listed the app, sorry about that. I am talking about this one

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221882/microsoft-onedrive-for-business-legacy-editor-only?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It appears to be an Atlassian-created app.

Thanks

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

So in this case, the app itself is fine. However it is only going to work with pages you have in the Legacy editor. You may or may not have pages in the Legacy editor and if they aren't you can't switch back to it.

You can request that feature here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-opt-out-from-the-new-editor/qaq-p/1059031#M168595

So with that said I don't think this is a viable app unless you're on a na old Atlassian Cloud instance pre-2020 

My recommendation would be to look at third party vendors and if the function is absolutely needed then pay for the app. I would not recommend a free one unless made by Atlassian, but the one made by Atlassian will only work for so long. 

I would also recommend looking at Cloud Security Participant Apps only

Like Craig Duffy likes this
Craig Duffy May 17, 2022

Great, thank you for confirming. The documentation that I saw didnt make it very clear what exactly was meant by the legacy editor. thanks for confirming.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events