Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have old (2012) archives of my Jira and Confluence projects. Is there a way to get them back?

joecline August 29, 2022

None of the stock "you have a 2 year old archive" instructions worked. So I guess this is more of a request for help from a long time Atlassian, than a how do I type request. If you might be able to help me, I would much appreciate it. 

Jira: JIRA Build : 5.2-m04#806-sha1:998dcd65885402c30ca9d2370d5349cb200d5984
Confluence: #Mon Sep 17 21:42:26 CDT 2012    buildNumber=4007

This is a personal project I did in 2010-2012 in Yii php framework that for some unknown reason I restarted in Nodejs and would love to have the discussions and thoughts back for the remaking. 

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @joecline ,

Probably not. Based on what is mention, it sounds like a non-standard Atlassian approach to archiving. 

If you can, start jira and confluence data up, you maybe able to save the data. Please keep in mind, you may need to be on minimum version in order to migrate the data to Cloud or DC platform.

-Ben

joecline August 31, 2022

Hmm. those were in some text files in the folders.. But there are things I would expect like properties files and xml schemas from atlassian 

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<backup xmlns="http://www.atlassian.com/ao" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<database>
<meta key="database.name" value="PostgreSQL"/>
<meta key="database.version" value="8.4.8"/>
<meta key="database.minorVersion" value="4"/>
<meta key="database.majorVersion" value="8"/>
<meta key="driver.name" value="PostgreSQL Native Driver"/>
<meta key="driver.version" value="PostgreSQL 8.4 JDBC4 (build 702)"/>
</database>
<table name="AO_3A3ECC_JIRACOMMENT_MAPPING">
<column name="COMMENT_ID" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="-5" precision="19"/>
<column name="ID" primaryKey="true" autoIncrement="true" sqlType="4" precision="10"/>
<column name="ISSUE_ID" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="-5" precision="19"/>
<column name="PARENT_ID" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="12" precision="255"/>
<column name="REMOTE_ID" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="12" precision="255"/>
<column name="REMOTE_OBJECT_TYPE" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="12" precision="255"/>
<column name="REMOTE_SYSTEM_ID" primaryKey="false" autoIncrement="false" sqlType="12" precision="255"/>
</table>

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events