I have no TABS MACRO in my options

Addie Hutchins January 6, 2022

I have seen a lot of people online and watched youtube videos, but there is no tabs in my macros option. 

Am I missing something? Is there an add-on or a version that I don't have? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

@Addie Hutchins welcome to Confluence!

There is no native TABS macro in Confluence. It is available as an add-on in the marketplace. You can search https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ for a macro that suits your needs. 

The closest that a native macro comes to Tabs is the expand macro, which allows nesting of text inside of a header.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions! 

Addie Hutchins January 6, 2022

Thank you so much. I'm very very new to Confluence (1 week in) and I'm learning the ropes. I appreciate the quick reply! 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Well then @Addie Hutchins! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!

Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence. 

Atlassian University 

I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!

A few more resources:

Confluence Overview

How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing

And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!

Like # people like this
Janet Foster January 7, 2022

@Andy Gladstone I was just watching this video on the Atlassian youtube channel. She demonstrated a tabs option but I can't find the one she used. Are you familiar with this one?

Build beautiful & smart pages | Confluence | Atlassian

https://youtu.be/MCmzzpfUbDU

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2022

@Janet Foster I watched the same. Not sure what point of the presentation you hear the presenters refer to a TABS option. Do you mind giving me the timestamp so I can listen and advise?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events