Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have no TABS MACRO in my options

I have seen a lot of people online and watched youtube videos, but there is no tabs in my macros option. 

Am I missing something? Is there an add-on or a version that I don't have? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jan 06, 2022

@Adrian Hutchins welcome to Confluence!

There is no native TABS macro in Confluence. It is available as an add-on in the marketplace. You can search https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ for a macro that suits your needs. 

The closest that a native macro comes to Tabs is the expand macro, which allows nesting of text inside of a header.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions! 

Thank you so much. I'm very very new to Confluence (1 week in) and I'm learning the ropes. I appreciate the quick reply! 

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jan 06, 2022

Well then @Adrian Hutchins! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!

Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence. 

Atlassian University 

I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!

A few more resources:

Confluence Overview

How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing

And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!

Like # people like this

@Andy Gladstone I was just watching this video on the Atlassian youtube channel. She demonstrated a tabs option but I can't find the one she used. Are you familiar with this one?

Build beautiful & smart pages | Confluence | Atlassian

https://youtu.be/MCmzzpfUbDU

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jan 08, 2022

@Janet Foster I watched the same. Not sure what point of the presentation you hear the presenters refer to a TABS option. Do you mind giving me the timestamp so I can listen and advise?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

37,937 views 27 124
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you