• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I have created a place to upload documents - is there any way to organize it with folders like SharePoint? Right now it is just a dump of unrelated documents.

I have created a place to upload documents - is there any way to organize it with folders like SharePoint? Right now it is just a dump of unrelated documents.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Tim, Did you create a page that people can upload files onto?

If so, you can create a tree of pages, with each page dedicated to a different subject, just like you would create a tree of folders in Sharepoint.

If you add a Page Tree macro to the pages, the user can easily navigate to the correct page(folder).

Thanks Doug...that worked.  I had created a sub page tree, but did it the wrong way.  I've now deleted that, and created the sub pages the way I want them.  I had to manually save each file to my laptop and then upload...is there an easier way to drag and drop from one page to another?

Also, is there versioning on these documents?

Sorry for the newbie question - is Confluence and Wiki referring to the same thing?

Tim. Yes. Attachments are versioned. See this page for the documentation.

I never tried to drag and drop an attachment from one page to another. And, I can't see a way to make it work. sad

But this page tells you how to move it by entering the destination page name.

Thanks Doug...you've been a great help!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

477 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you