I have an issue with the additional filter in confluence for searching within pages/spaces

Sovaiala Alin May 6, 2022

While adding a filter to restrict the search into a space for Anchestor or Parent the search does not return any data. Actually it does not return any data for none of the additional fields existing in the "add filter" section. I have search for any related issue on this but can't find a solution, and it not seems to be related to the way the Confluence search is working. Using the search without the additional filter returns the result - but for the entire environment, while I need just the compact result for specific pages.ConfluenceMissingResult.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Sovaiala Alin Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When restricting your search results to a specific Space, you need to enter the name of the Space in the "IN SPACE" search box.

Which keyword are you searching for?

Hello, indeed in my example is not a space provided, but actually I am using a specific space in that field. The word that I used is exactly the one from the example: "installation" - it is encountered in many pages so some results should be available - this is my issue.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Do you find any result simply by typing installation in the search box and not applying any filters at all?

Like Sovaiala Alin likes this

Yes, if I type only the searched word, without any filters only in a specific namespace it returns all the results. But I want to see the results for children of a mainpage.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

I just did a quick test in my own site, it works like a charm.

I created a Main Page with 2 sub pages:

• Subpage 1
  • Subpage 2

Each of the subpages contain the word 'installation'

1. I search for installation in the Confluence search bar
  2. I select 'Confluence advanced search' (bottom of the pop-up window)
  3. Then I fill out the space name Dave Mathijs in 'Spaces'
  4. Then I select Main Page in 'Pages under'

Search result are the 2 subpages as shown below:

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 15.34.59.png

Like Sovaiala Alin likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Disclaimer: I am on Cloud. Let me try again on a Server instance ...

Exactly the result that I want, but for me it does not work.

We have the latest version 7.17.1 now, but this issue is since 2 months ago, or maybe latter.

I have searched over the internet, in confluence docs, but cant find a feasible solution which works. I think maybe it is related to a plugin, or some configuration in the environment. Any idea or a clue of how this works might help.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Same result on Server:

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 15.46.47.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

@Sovaiala Alin Do other users have the same issue? Do you have the same issue when you test this in your personal space?

Ok, looks fine, how do I do it to work for me also :). What version do you have, is there a specific configuration on the server, in the config files, or something?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

The issue could be related to permissions/restrictions. Are there any on the page(s) which contain the keyword?

All the users have it. Is an environment issue. I use the admin.

It work if I don't use the add filter, but I need an extra level of filtering by with ancestor or with parent - and those do not work.ConfluenceMissingResult2.JPG

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

@Sovaiala Alin 

What happens if you click on Add a filter and select the parent page in the above search? Then you get no results at all?

Exactly, it returns the page as in the initial screen.

No results found for installation. Please try one of the following suggestions:

• Use more general search terms or consult the online documentation for tips.
  • If you are filtering by space, content, last modification date or contributor, try removing or adjusting the filter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events