Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a project running in Jira but how do I connect it with Confluence?

MLampert2004 March 26, 2022

I’m brand-new here and I’m having trouble understanding the Confluence directions.

I have a project that I am running in Jeera but I don’t know how to connect Jira and Confluence or how confluence is going to help me

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2022

Hi @MLampert2004 ,

If your Confluence and Jira sites are connected using Application Links, you can display and create Jira issues and more from within Confluence. 

Once integrated there are a lot things you can do, For beginners I would recommend to refer the below URL which has the info you are looking at

Use jira and confluence together. 

I hope the above information helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

Hi @MLampert2004 ,

Welcome to the community. 

Confluence is like a wiki tool, you can use it to collaborate, document, share knowledge and things like this.

The integration between Jira and Confluence allows you to link Confluence pages in Jira, i.e. to give more context to the issue.

And you can link Jira issues in Confluence. This could be used to show which issue is referenced in that page or to show the progress of issues directly in Confluence. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events