Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a page name with a colon in it. What do I do then..?

Gus Welter December 19, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Moving an Attachment

Ask your question here...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2015

Gus is likely running into this issue: 

image2015-12-20 11:57:44.png

Host Layout: Please is a page that exists in the same space. However, using a colon is wiki-syntax for a SpaceKey:PageName combination, and thus this scenario is failing even though the page is properly addressed. 

The move function is interpreting this page as – 

Space: Host layout
Page:  Please

This page naturally doesn't exist.

Another user noted that removing the colons from their page names solved their issue, helped by support: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/238870.

An improvement request has already been created, please consider voting on it and sharing your use-case: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34958

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

Ahh, I see. It wasn't clear from the question, so well spotted!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2015

I've also had this exact problem actually. Colons don't force the page url to use the page id so I had been using it for some titles and it's was fresh in my mind. :p

2 votes
Gus Welter December 20, 2015

Apologies - I couldn't respond yesterday because of a weird policy on Atlassian Answers

https://twitter.com/gwelter/status/678317260109438985

Anyway, yes, that's the problem I was running into and I solved it with the workaround trick you mentioned. Thanks for your replies.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

The policy is to do with anti-spam - low "karma" limits your postings to prevent spam. As karma rises, you'll find the restrictions relax pretty quickly (think of it as the computers learning that the humans here are accepting you as a member of the community). Almost all interactions count - comments, answering, voting, marking answers correct etc.

Gus Welter December 20, 2015

Not being able to respond to my own question is a design flaw.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2015

A lot of the spam is a question followed by multiple comments, there was no other way to stop it that I think Sam and Joe could work out. Comments are opened up quite quickly though.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2015

In what context?  You can use a lot of non-alphanumeric characters in page names, so it'll work fine.  But I think you've got a question about unusual names that you have not actually asked here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events