• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I downloaded the evaluation licence of confluence and some features explained in the user guide don't fit with the fonctionalities available on the plateform

I downloaded the evaluation licence of confluence and some features explained in the user guide don't fit with the fonctionalities available on the plateform

Could you tell me the difference in terms of features between the evaluation licence and the real licence of confluence please?

Kind regards.

5 answers

1 accepted

Udaya,

Please check the restrictions for your page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions

If it does not help please try creating a new space and adding/editing pages there.

Hi Udaya!

There are no differences. What functionality do you miss? 

Hi Volodymyr,

For example, when I connect myself with admin profile, I can create a page but I can only edit the title, I can't write on the article because the toolbar is not available.

Besides I can't edit comments and I didn't succeed to create a process workflow to validate the publication of a document.

Could you help me?

Udaya

Udaya,

Please check your permissions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Space+Permissions+Overview

Note form the linked page:

Confluence administrators aren't necessarily space administrators.

A user who has the 'Confluence Administrator' global permission isn't automatically a space admin for a particular space. In order for them to be a space admin, they must belong to a group which has space admin and view permission for the space, or their username must be specifically granted space admin and view permission for the space.

Volodymyr,

I checked my permissions and I am the space administrator, I granted confluence-administrators to manage the space also. But the problems are always the same.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot.

Udaya

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you