Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not have the ability to share a confluence space/page.

Shawn Matthews February 20, 2014

I have an issue.

I have set up a collaboration space for my team but cannot share the space with anyone. I have all the users input into the confluence system. However, there is not even a "Share" button in the top right hand corner of any space or page I create. I've used this system within an outside contractor's license and the share button existed. Also, all the materals I've read through show the share button. My space...no share button.

What gives?

Thanks,

Shawn

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Hi Shawn,
The share button will show once you have the Mail server configured. Can you please go to Cog Icon > Confluence Admin > Mail server and try to send a test email to see if it's working fine?

You might want to re-create the mail server to see if that will fix the problem as well.

Cheers,
WZ

Shawn Matthews February 23, 2014

Wiliam,

Just got confirmation that my SMTP settings are good and share capability is now functioning. Thanks so much to you and Joe for your help. I'm resolving this issue at this time.

Have a great day guys!

Shawn

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2014

Hey there Shawn,

When you refer to the 'Share' button, are you perhaps referring to the one shown in this link - Emailing a Page?

If that is the case, then could you check if there is any outgoing mail server in your Confluence? I think it would only work if the outgoing mail server is set.

Hi Joe,
I checked my outgoing mail server and it is set. However, the button doesn't even show up on my desktop, in either the Space or Page Views.
Is there some way to toggle the Share 'On'? I've been researching and looking through the system, but have yet find that capability.
Thanks for your time.
Shawn

Joe,

Apologies. I was in the Jira side when I replied. My Confluence settings are not set up. I'll get to those next. Thanks again for your help.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2014

Aaah, that could indeed be the cause. In any case, please set up the mail server first, and then we'll see if the button appears :)

0 votes

Can anyone help me with this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events