I deleted a space's home page

Julia Reichert July 24, 2014

I was trying to switch out a spaces home page with another page on the space. I didnt want to disturb the current home page and its children so I copied the home page and move the copy to the page that I wanted to be the new home page. I then went to the home page and selected remove. There was a warning that said the children of the page would be moved forward if I did this. I assumed that it would result in the page I wanted to be the home page becoming the new home page for the space because it was the old home pages only child. So I deleted the home page and the page I wanted to be the home page was moved forward in the heirarchy but the space didn't recognize it as the home page. Also the page tree on the pages page cannot render anything. Is there any way to resore the home page as the home page (becasue i did try to restor it but i was revived as just another page and not the home page) or make the page that i want the new home page?

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

Glad to hear you got it figured out. This article mentions that pages aren't restored to their original position, but can be accessed from Space > Pages.

To find the page after you have restored it, choose Pages to go to the root of the space. (The page is not restored to its original position in the page hierarchy.)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Deleted+Page

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

Navigate to Space Tools > Content Tools > Trash and you should see the operation to Restore your deleted page.

EDIT - sounds as though you may have already Restored.

Recommend: You can also use the Reorder Pages tab to drag-and-drop / move pages around to obtain the desired page hierarchy. After that you should be able to safely delete / trash any pages you have made orphans.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Moving+a+Page#MovingaPage-Movingapagewithinaspace

more about page ordering https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+the+Sequential+Order+of+Pages

Well I tried that. The original home page is restored but it was restored as just a regular page. I'm lacking a home page, which when you do look at the reorder pages tab under content tools you should see a little page icon with a house on it. currently no pages have such an icon so none of them are considered home pages. I hope that makes sense and thank you for trying to help.

Oh wait I just figured it out! Navigate to Space Tools > Overview > Space Details then click on Edit Space Details. You can pick your home page form there. I wish I had seen it sooner.

Like # people like this
mtc October 30, 2018

Is it working?

I have done the same,but the home page restored seems unlike the previous one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events