I'd like to know the page view numbers

Rumceisz May 29, 2012

Hi All,

many of my space leaders would like to know the number of the visitors of each page in their spaces. I saw the Google Analytics but they need a free solution, and I also checked the Customware plugin, which doesn't get this info.

So, is there any feature (macro, free plugin, etc.) which gives this info? We only need one number for each page, the visitors regardless of readers, editors, commenters.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!
Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

Hi Rumi,

what's wrong with the Customware Tracking Plugin ? It does exactly what you described. We use this plugin exactly in the way, you described.

The last editor of a page does not increase the page counter, every other view is increasing the counter.

Best regards

Thomas

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2012

You have some options...

Google Analytics -- Tracking JavaScript only:

For a free solution, you can add the Google Analytics tracking scripts -- more details here -- this means that your space leaders will need a Google Analytics account and some understanding of the Google Analtyics reporting.

Google Analytics for Confluence plugin:

Having started tracking in Google Analytics, you can also use the Google Analytics for Confluence plugin to report the data back into Confluence -- this removes the requirement for your space leaders to deal with and understand the Google Analytics reporting interface.

Confluence User Engagement plugin:

The next level up from there is the Confluence User Engagement plugin which AppFusions recently released on Atlassian Marketplace.

It tracks:

• Create, read, update and delete (CRUD) events are captured for all content types
  • Supported content types: Spaces, pages, blogposts, attachments, comments
  • For each event additional data is linking the content to the space in which it belongs and the user performing the event

Additionally, user logins and search terms are tracked.

More details here:
https://www.appfusions.com/display/CONFENGAGE/Documentation

Here's an example screenshot:

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

Hi Rumceisz,

I think you can use Confluence User Statistics Plugin which should be build in Confluence (It could be disabled by default). More infromation you can find here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Space+Activity

or here:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/USGTRK/Confluence+Usage+Tracking+Plugin

I hope that helps..

Regards,

Mirek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events