Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot upload an image file to page.

Jonghyuck HONG March 11, 2012

When I tri to upload image file in "insert image" window, there comes error message like this:

"Could not upload the file to Confluence. The server may be unavailable."

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi,

This issue can be caused by the configured base URL that is not matching the URL you use to access Confluence via the browser. For example, you access Confluence via http://atlassian.net:8090 while the configured base URL from Confluence Admin > General Configuration is http://atlassian.net/confluence.

As a resolution please ensure that the configured base URL must match the URL you use to access Confluence via the browser. Update the base URL from Confluence Admin > General Configuration.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 13, 2012

Try dragging the image onto the page -- see whther that works -- or gives the same error.

Jonghyuck HONG March 13, 2012

I found that there is something wrong with attachment storage.

In Admin page, file system shows "$action.getLocalAttachmentDirectory()"

How can I fix this.

0 votes
Josh March 26, 2021
0 votes
TechTime Initiative Group July 17, 2013

I just had the same issue at the customer with Confluence 5.1.3 while migrating from Hypersonic (the embedded database) to MySQL.

The process used was - export to XML, stop, rename the home directory, create new home directory, create an empty MySQL schema, start, go through the initial steps of the setup wizard, point to MySQL, import XML.

At first I exported into XML without including attachments hoping to just copy the directory over to the new home.

Imported just fine, but as reported above - in the Administration/Attachments Storage while saying "File System" the page shows "$action.getLocalAttachmentDirectory()" as the path. No "attachments" directory got created under the new home immediately after import.

Access to all attachments fails with NullPointerException even after copying the files over to the location where they should be. Re-indexing fails with NPEs.

Re-running the process, exporting with attachments and then importing - helped.

I wonder if there is some variable that didn't get set when export/import without attachments was performed.

0 votes
David Olszewski May 2, 2013

I am having same issue...if I drag a file in there it says null. I have full system and everyone permissions in the confluence folder.

I am not sure if there is something I need to do in mysql?

Thanks, Dave

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Most probably, you are encountering an issue as mentioned in this KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Upload+attachment+function+does+not+work+in+Editing+mode.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events