I cannot upload an image file to page.

When I tri to upload image file in "insert image" window, there comes error message like this:

"Could not upload the file to Confluence. The server may be unavailable."

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

This issue can be caused by the configured base URL that is not matching the URL you use to access Confluence via the browser. For example, you access Confluence via http://atlassian.net:8090 while the configured base URL from Confluence Admin > General Configuration is http://atlassian.net/confluence.

As a resolution please ensure that the configured base URL must match the URL you use to access Confluence via the browser. Update the base URL from Confluence Admin > General Configuration.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 vote
David Simpson Community Champion Mar 13, 2012

Try dragging the image onto the page -- see whther that works -- or gives the same error.

I found that there is something wrong with attachment storage.

In Admin page, file system shows "$action.getLocalAttachmentDirectory()"

How can I fix this.

I am having same issue...if I drag a file in there it says null. I have full system and everyone permissions in the confluence folder.

I am not sure if there is something I need to do in mysql?

Thanks, Dave

I just had the same issue at the customer with Confluence 5.1.3 while migrating from Hypersonic (the embedded database) to MySQL.

The process used was - export to XML, stop, rename the home directory, create new home directory, create an empty MySQL schema, start, go through the initial steps of the setup wizard, point to MySQL, import XML.

At first I exported into XML without including attachments hoping to just copy the directory over to the new home.

Imported just fine, but as reported above - in the Administration/Attachments Storage while saying "File System" the page shows "$action.getLocalAttachmentDirectory()" as the path. No "attachments" directory got created under the new home immediately after import.

Access to all attachments fails with NullPointerException even after copying the files over to the location where they should be. Re-indexing fails with NPEs.

Re-running the process, exporting with attachments and then importing - helped.

I wonder if there is some variable that didn't get set when export/import without attachments was performed.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

208 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you