I cannot display JIRA Gadgets in Confluence

David Watts August 22, 2012

I am trying to display a Jira Gadget in Confluence, but I cannot get the proper URL. The best I have done is display the entire dashboard, but this does not display the actual gadgets themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Dhananjay Kale December 4, 2019

@ abed

This worked for me.

0 votes
abed September 4, 2012

Hi

try add the gadget URL on the external gadget (u need admin privilege )

Browse--> confluence admin --> (configuration) external gadget

also add make sure the jira is added in the application link too

cheers

David Watts September 4, 2012

Will this allow me to display the dashboard results from Jira in Confluence? Because there are no configuration options to let me choose what is displayed when I add this gadget.

I have added our Jira to the whitelist and I have inserted the gadget URL as you suggested. I just cannot configure to tell it what to display.

I know the link between our Jira and Confluence is active, because I can put issue links in.

abed September 4, 2012

which gadget you want to be added (assigned to me , pie chart)

add poth URLs, then go to any page and add the gadget macro you want

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Gadget+Macro

cheers

The image below is what I am seeing when I attempt to insert this gadget. I do not have the option to configure anything other than size and border.

abed September 5, 2012

Hi

i'm not sure what do u want to configure, the gadget configuration is done thought jira, you only get to choose the gadget, either (pie chart or assigned to me) which are the ones added on the external gadget.

if you wish to configure the result, you might consider the jiraissue macro

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi, make sure the application link between JIRA and Confluence is setup correctly and there are no errors regarding this. This might cause problems when displaying gadgets otherwise.

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2012

Hi David,

It looks like you're trying to put the JIRA dashboard URL into Confluence as the gadget URL - is that right? If so, that won't work.

What you need is the URL for each individual gadget. You can get this from the gadget directory in JIRA.

1) Go to the JIRA dashboard.

2) Click "add gadget" in the top right (if it's not there, you're probably looking at the read-only default system dashboard, so create a new, blank dashboard first). This brings up the gadget directory.

3) Under the name of each gadget is a URL. e.g. https://<server>/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:assigned-to-me-gadget/gadgets/assigned-to-me-gadget.xml That's the URL of the gadget, and what needs to be pasted into Confluence.

Cheers,

Penny

Hi Penny,

I have tried this and I simply get the xml text displayed in full. I am running Jira 4.4.3 and Confluence 4.0.3. Shouldn't this mean that I should insert gadgets and not portlets?

The insert option I see in Confluence is Jira Portlet. Is there a compatibility issue here that I am not seeing? Or perhaps an option to insert Jira Gadget that we are missing for some reason?

Thanks,
-David

Like Turker Turken likes this
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2012

Hi David,

Without being able to see what's happening, it's hard to know how my mental image of what you're doing is different from what's actually happening. So I've quickly set up a JIRA and a Confluence instance locally and recorded a video of setting up the applink and then setting up the gadget. The JIRA version is 4.3.4 and Confluence is 4.0, but it should be be exactly the same in your versions.

http://screencast.com/t/aAWBSmVz5ee

The JIRA window is on the left and the Confluence is on the right.

Hope this helps,

Penny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events