• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I cannot add a variable to a template, it doesn't work in Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m....Should I do anything diffirent to make it work?

I cannot add a variable to a template, it doesn't work in Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m....Should I do anything diffirent to make it work?

Mijail Hernandez November 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Template

When I type the variable name and press Return, it disappears and no variable placeholder is kept, just a $ sign as a normal text.

I have seen, it was reported as a bug on Oct 7, 2015, as

Adding Variable to Templates does not work with Google Chrome

Meanwhile, is there any trick to make it work in Chrome? Or is using another navigator the only available solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Joel Chuah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

If the recommendation from Atlassian is to use an alternate browser as a workaround, I don't think there is much you can do. Not to mention no customization on cloud. There is a comment in the bug filed that seem promising if you insist on using Chrome. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35911

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events