I can't make a wmv file play

Kathy Belling November 26, 2012

I attached a wmv file and used the media macro. When I click on it, the media player opens briefly and closes right away. Help.

7 answers

0 votes
Anil Samuel June 4, 2014

Same issue here; is it possible to have a flashplayer to play the media (WMV in my case) ?

0 votes
Enrique Pérez May 14, 2014

I tried with an .wmv file but Confluence shows the VLC window with the VLC icon. I got all my plugins update and my system is working properly. Is there any configuration to order Confluence to reproduce .WMV files always with windows media???

0 votes
Gabriel Almeida October 8, 2013

I am also facing the same issue !!!!!!!!!

0 votes
Kathy Belling November 28, 2012

We did try opening in several different browsers but nothing worked. Originally the size of the wmv file was too large. I changed the setting for the size of a file and it did download, but still will not play.

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hi Kathy,

Please share when you found a solution.

I am testing various formats with various browser and so for no luck.

Cheers,

Selcuk

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

.wmv is a supported format as in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Embedding+Multimedia+Content. Hence, you could try different browsers as suggested by Selcuk. You could also clear old cache/history and verify your settings.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Hi Kathgy ,

It may be an browser issue. Have you tried to watch it in IE?

Cheers,

Selcuk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events