I can't edit page restrictions even though I am admin to the space.

Prasad Nagarale February 6, 2023

I can't edit page restrictions even though I am admin to the space.

Confluence Version: Confluence  7.13.7

Under operation section, when I click on lock icon to remove restriction access it's not allowing me to do action.

Screenshot (418).png

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Prasad Nagarale, as space admin, you should be able to remove restrictions from pages. When you say, "not allowing me to do," what message are you getting? After clicking the lock, are you still able to find the page under the restricted page settings? Also, what space permissions do you have beyond space admin?

Cheers,
IL.

Prasad Nagarale February 9, 2023

Following are our latest observations. Use-Case:1
    When we tried to remove any active users from the "Restricted Pages" it seems to be the page is taking < 2 mins time for refreshing and loading.
During the page load time frame, the user is under the assumption of the application is not responding to the desired action. 
Use-Case:2
    If in case of removing inactive users from the "Restricted Pages", the applicable is throwing "You don't have permission to view this page" but the users have been removed successfully from the list of users.

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).png

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

For your case-1, you need to check the logs. It's not normal what you're describing at all. In your case-2, this message relates to the page restriction, not permission—although it says "permission." Likely, there are other restrictions higher up in the page tree that restricts you from seeing this page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events