I am using the Copy Page Tree Plugin , it says there is an issue in the license state being invalid.

ROVIN CUTINHO March 4, 2019

Using the Copy Tree Plugin which is not working due to license state issue. The manage add ons tab says the free license is valid till March 7th. I am even ready to start the paid license but there is no manual way to start the same. I even tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling and again had to go in the Free Trial state for it to be installed. Though I am still getting the license error.

"

License check failed.

Unexpected license state. Please make sure you have a valid license for this add-on via purchase at the Atlassian Marketplace.

"

3 answers

0 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi Rovan,

This is the "Copy Page Tree" vendor.

Thanks very much for your interest in this Confluence app!

We have provided a patch for this issue, please try one more time and it should work.

So the problem you are seeing is the fact that the Atlassian licensing system is experiencing problems.

They have been aware of this as indicated here but the system is continuing to fail: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AC-2483

Our challenge has been that the platform either fails to respond or is changing in ways that break functionality for customers. We are currently putting forth significant effort to mitigate when these problems crop up from that platform.

We are not and will never deter people from using trial licenses or even multiple trial licenses, just FYI :)

Thanks!
Brendan
Artemis Software

ROVIN CUTINHO March 6, 2019

Thanks Brendan. Means a lot for a quick fix in. And I understand that the underlying issue is with the Atlassian Licensing servers.

I understand you will be need to still depend on the licensing servers for the Confluence Plugin, though if api's permit, can you have a shadow server in place, which in cases of 500s or any valid faulty scenarios you identify from the Atlassian Licensing server would piggy back to your shadow instance and respond.

Just as a fallback this might help the customers not have a broken experience.

Note : not suggesting to shift out of the Atlassian Licensing server. Just a fall back.

Regards,

Rovin Cutinho

Like Brendan Patterson likes this
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

Hi Rovin,

Thank you for the suggestion.  We now have a significant amount of code written to try to anticipate Atlassian services going down.  In this case if we get such errors from the Atlassian services we will disable license checks.

Cheers,

Brendan

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hey Rovin,

Unfortunately I think the short answer for your case is "wait until the trial period expires tomorrow". Once the trial period is up, add-ons automatically become licensed with the billing information on your account. We don't offer a skip-ahead option because there's generally no reason to take the free days away from you.

I can see why Artemis software has a license check for this particular plugin - they may be trying to deter people from installing a trial, doing all the page moves they need to do at once, and then canceling the trial before they get billed.

This situation is unique to this add-on as far as I'm aware. Artemis software does have a support portal you can try if you'd like to get this resolved in advance of the trial expiring. I've opened a general ticket with them (and linked back to this question) in hopes of helping other users avoid the same problem.

Cheers,
Daniel

Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2019

Hi!

Rovin thanks for responding to the customer but let me correct this.

Artemis Software has not and will never deter people from installing a trial or honestly even infinite trials.

Please see the underlying cause I've detailed below. Unfortunately what you are seeing is the Atlassian Connect licensing system failing and reporting an internal error. This cropped up without warning at the time you attempted this.

We have released a patch through the platform we all depend on is continuing to report errors.

Thank you so much for your interest.

We will do everything we can to support your use of the app and continue to try to work around these platform issues.

@Rovin, please help us escalate the issue detailed below.

Thank you!!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hello Rovin,

Thank you for reaching out. 

I think this is something our Customer Advocates team can help you with.

You can raise a request below - just select licensing as your issue:

Once you're able to resolve your issue with them, you can feel free to let us know what the issue was here so it can help users in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2019

Thanks Shannon,

The issue is that Atlassian licensing checks are failing with 500 internal server errors (which vendors and customers should not technically even be able to cause).

We've patched a temp work around.

Please help us escalate this issue with the Atlassian Connect team.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-1731

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AC-2483

Cheers,

Brendan

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2019

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for reaching out. According to Norman's comment on that thread, the issue is fixed.

Are you able to you confirm?

Regards,

Shannon

Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2019

Thanks Shannon. It does appear this one is fixed for the moment.  I'm currently attempting to understand the best ways to inform and pass along the customer to Atlassian when the platform is broken.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events